McGriff, Seibels & Williams supports our client’s risk management efforts with a highly professional and experienced claims staff. We have strategically structured our claims operations to include individuals with broad technical skills and legal expertise in the claims management area. The importance of claims management service in the insurance process can never be overstated.
As an advocate for our client, our goal is to see that the adjusting and settlement process associated with a loss goes as smoothly as possible. When a loss occurs, our claims team actively engages with adjustors, insurers and legal representatives to help facilitate the settlement process and to make sure our clients receive the level of service and policy coverage they deserve.
McGriff, Seibels & Williams employs over 80 full-time claims professionals with extensive insurance experience who are dedicated to facilitating resolution of claims for our clients. Our claims staff includes former insurance company claims adjusters, supervisors and managers, former independent adjusters, in-house risk management department claims and litigation managers and licensed attorneys.
Our team of claims professionals focus on areas of service that we believe can have the most positive impact on the ultimate cost and outcome of a claim. Some of these areas are as follows:
- Client Advocacy
- Claim Reviews
- Special Claim Handling Procedures
- Large Loss Consultation
- Time Element Analysis
- Provider Evaluation & Selection
- Claim Audit Consulting
- Technical Coverage Analysis
- Rapid Response for Major Loss Event
The breadth of our claims management expertise is extensive and includes the following coverage areas:
- Fleet/Business Automobile
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Business Interruption
- Hull & Machinery
- Directors & Officers
- Employment Practices
- Errors & Omissions
- Control of Well
- Environmental Impairment
- And Others
Through long-established relationships with major markets, significant experience in handling a broad array of sophisticated and complex claims and our highly skilled claims professionals , we feel we are well positioned to provide our clients with the support they need when a claim occurs.
McGriff’s Claim Management Services include but are not limited to:
- Electronic claim reporting and monitoring;
- Tracking carrier coverage correspondence;
- Facilitating and participating in internal claim review meetings;
- Coverage analyses, when appropriate under the direction of the client’s legal counsel;
- Facilitating communications among carrier and client representatives, including defense counsel;
- Assisting with coverage dispute resolution;
- Creating customized summaries of claim activity;
- Assisting with development of internal claims procedures and reporting requirements;
- Providing updates on recent legal opinions and/or other corporate governance changes that impact executive risk lines of coverage and property & casualty liability exposures; and
- Developing customized reporting solutions on complex program structures.
McGriff’s claims practice also includes the expertise of a number of professionals in the financial services arena. . This group is comprised of licensed attorneys, paralegals and dedicated claims administrative representatives who are uniquely qualified to manage extremely complex executive risk claims. They are a major part of what we believe separates McGriff’s Financial Services Division (FSD) practice from the competition. The FSD claims practice varies its services to match each client’s specific needs and desires.
- 12/22/10Agreeing to Pay Reasonable Attorneys Fees as Part of Indemnification May Create Uninsurable Loss
- 12/20/10Health Care Law Could Have Positive, Negative Workers' Comp Consequences
- 12/17/10Study Finds Obesity Increases Risk of Disabling Injuries
- 12/16/10Is Mold in the Workplace Dangerous?
- 11/15/10Top 10 Things You Should Know About Workers Compensation Second Opinions