McGriff, Seibels & Williams recognizes the unique issues our customers face in trying to structure a surety program that maximizes bond capacity without interfering with a corporate business plan. McGriff’s Surety Group focuses exclusively on meeting the contract and commercial surety bond needs of our clients in a wide range of industries, including: transportation, construction, energy, financial, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, real estate and waste companies.
Surety is a specialized field that requires a high level of market awareness. Our Surety Division continuously monitors market conditions and actively participates in continuing education for our staff. Many Surety employees are former underwriters with considerable expertise in placing programs for a variety of industries. McGriff has the right combination of hands-on experience and in-depth market knowledge, along with the creativity needed to develop solutions in difficult surety situations.
McGriff’s Surety Division maintains active membership in many industry specific organizations to stay abreast of industry news and market conditions, including:
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Energy Network
- Surety Association of America
Our surety programs are tailor-made for each client, and we work hard to make each relationship a long-term partnership. We know that every client is different and we work closely with you to understand your unique needs. Awareness of your goals is a critical prerequisite for development of a successful program and once we fully understand your needs, we are able to recommend a solution that meets your goals.
Market Relationships & International Facilities
Our surety relations are very strong at both the local and home office levels, and our portfolio includes over 30 active surety markets. McGriff’s surety network consists of every standard bonding company, as well as a carefully selected group of specialty carriers. This diversity gives us the ability to handle all your domestic and international surety needs within the best available markets. We have an established surety book with each of our key markets, which translates into considerable market leverage that we use to negotiate superior bond programs for our clients. Our surety operation has extensive international experience and has placed bonds throughout the world.
Key advantages of utilizing McGriff Seibels & Williams Surety operations:
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract and miscellaneous bond needs
- Nationally focused service platform
- A “partnership” with our customers in order to anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Creativity in utilizing surety bonds in lieu of other financial instruments, i.e. bank letters-of-credit
- Long-standing relationships with a large, diverse group of surety companies
- Expertise in structuring bond programs to meet the needs of clients in both the domestic and international surety markets
- Clients of all sizes in every industry group